May is our National Month for Physical Fitness & Sports
Each May the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition encourages Americans to #MoveinMay in celebration of National Physical Fitness & Sports Month. Did you know that 1 out of 5 preschool children is considered obese! Staying fit takes exercise AND healthy foods. Here is a list of great books to read to small children:
- Too Much Junk Food by Stan and Jan Berenstain
- Curious George Goes To the Hospital by Margaret Rey
- Dem Bones by Bob Barner
- Even More Parts by Ted Arnold (There are 3 of these books! This one! And the original "Parts" and "More Parts")
- Stretch by Doreen Cronin
On the weekends or after work, you can also get those little bodies moving and grooving by going for a neighborhood walk or playing outside games. Neighborhood races are a great way to meet new friends. If there is a park nearby your home, go there instead for a change of scenery! Anything other than sitting around watching YouTube will help teach kids the importance of staying physically active and healthy!
We will be closed on Monday, May 29th, for Memorial Day!
Crossroads is now hiring! Please see our open positions and an application.
- Get Moving in May
- May 08 - 12: Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 14: Happy Mother's Day
- May 29: Memorial Day (Closed)
Calendar of Events